Saturday 12 June 2010

Coconut and Lime Cupcakes for a special birthday girl

Hello! This is a quiet week at Cake Towers, just one cake and one birthday girl. It's a very important birthday girl though - it's me! I decided against making a big fuss, when I have a '0' in my age there will be a fantastic cake (which hopefully I won't be making!). This year, just some cupcakes and an excuse to try out a new recipe. As it is now my birthday (it has been for the last 35 minutes), I'm fighting the call of the cupcakes. They smell fantastic. The icing tastes divine. I added some Malibu to it (it is my birthday, after all) and they're calling. They're saying 'eat me'.

I won't though. I'll save them. At least until morning. At least until I've photographed them. I like to have photos of everything I do. It means I have a portfolio of my work. It also reminds me what I've done and what I would do differently if I were ever to recreate a cake.

This, my first blog, is going to be short. I'm going to come back soon, I promise, and post a picture of the birthday cupcakes and also rate them. (They are extremely yummy. Very, very tasty indeed. I am a very happy birthday girl!) I'm likely to be quite biased; you have been warned. I'll also come back with the next installment of life at Cake Towers. Sometimes it's very busy and I don't know if I'm coming or going. Sometimes it's a bit quieter and I can catch up with paperwork, see friends and even have a life!

I'm looking forward to sharing my cake journey and if you have any comments, questions, or ideas of what you would like to see here, let me know and we can go on this cake journey together. Everyone loves cake. Everyone needs cake. If they say they don't, they're either lying or mad, probably both!

Bye for now and remember, if in doubt, just eat cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment